Dear A.V. Cato Families,
Beginning Tuesday, Oct. 4th through Friday, Oct. 7th, 2016. A.V. Cato Elementary will be implementing extra safety measures on our campus due to recent social media postings concerning local area schools. During school hours, the following safety measures will be in place:
1. The front doors of the school will be locked, and parents will need to call 817-252-2400
(the front office) to verify identity. Once verified, one of the office workers will open the door.
2. During school hours, no parents will be allowed past the front office or foyer area.
3. Lunch visits with your child will be suspended during this time.
4. During dismissal, the proper number should be brought to pick up your child from the
cafeteria and your child will be brought to the door.
5. Breakfast in the classroom begins October 4th and we will follow guidelines set in place by
our administrators. Parents will only be allowed in the foyer area of the building. A
Paraeducator will help walk any students to their classrooms.
We apologize about the inconvenience this may cause; however, we take the safety and security of children very seriously. Thank you for your cooperation throughout this week. It is greatly appreciated.
Kindergarten - 5th Grade 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Pre Kindergarten Hours
Morning Pre-K 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Afternoon Pre-K 12:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Click on the links below for 2016-2017 school supply lists, lunch prices, and District dress code information:
School Supply List